About Your Visit
Your visit to one of our American MRI Family locations is important to you and it’s important to us! So we want to make sure that everything goes smoothly during your appointment. You should have already completed an initial safety screening over the phone if you are having an MRI of CT. If not, please call our offices to do so in advance of your appointment. Also, we would ask that you remember the following:
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment
- Please bring your insurance card and one other form of personal ID
- Make sure to bring your doctor’s order (prescription)
- For self-pay patients, or patients with co-pays, we accept Visa/MC, checks and cash
- Arrive as “metal free” as possible. Loose fitting clothes without zippers are best. We have scrubs to change into as needed, but if you have questions about non-clothing items, please call our office in advance of your visit.
- If your doctor prescribed sedatives, please take them as directed. Also make sure that you have arranged for assistance with transportation to and from our facility.
- Valuables are always best left at home, but we do have secure lockers at our facility
- Patient Questionnaire
- Contrast Policy
- HIPPA Acknowledgment
- Notice of Privacy
Billing and Insurance
Staff at any of our American MRI Family locations is always available to assist you with your insurance benefits and billing questions. If you have general questions regarding either, please call our offices during regular business hours, six days a week. We are glad to help.
We believe in getting everyone the care that they need. To that end, if payment for services is a concern, please contact us directly. We believe that individual needs are best met with individual solutions. No one goes unserved.
For patients with insurance coverage, our staff will work to help you determine your out-of-pocket cost in advance of your exam. We accept Visa/MC, checks and cash for that portion determined to be due at the time of service.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes our MRI centers different from the others?
Our Oasis MRI is truly OPEN and at the same time, truly HIGH-FIELD thanks to its unique vertical magnetic field design. In fact, it is the most advanced open and high-field machine on the market today. Typically found only in hospitals and large specialty doctor practices, The American MRI Family is the first independent imaging center offering the Oasis in the Chicagoland area - and now in two locations.
Does MRI hurt? Does it use radiation?
No! To make the images, MRI uses harmless radio waves and a magnetic field. This has been proven to be extremely safe, and it does NOT cause pain, nor does it use radiation (unlike X-ray and CT examinations). All that is required is that the patient remain as still as possible during the exam.
Is MRI noisy?
All MRI machines make noise when they are in operation. During the scan, a humming and thumping sound is what the patient will hear. These sounds indicate that a scan is in progress. We have installed a stereo in the room so that you may choose your favorite Sirius channel to listen to during your exam.
How long does an MRI take?
The time needed for your examination will depend upon the type of examination scheduled. Most MRI exams last about 30 minutes; however, some specialized exams can last up to 45 minutes.
Which Insurance Companies do you accept?
We accept all major insurances. We also submit third party billing for you. We will contact your insurance company on your behalf to determine any pre-certification or out-of-pocket expenses.